I’ve been meaning for some time to post here about the International Association of Coaching (IAC) and the IAC Coaching Masteries™ .
Countless hours were spent, creating, analyzing, dissecting, re-assembling. One of the key challenges was that what was eventually produced had to work across cultures, globally.
The Masteries now form the framework for the IAC certification process, which focuses on masterful coaching skills that are observable and can be measured by IAC’s certifiers during recorded, half-hour sessions with two different clients.
IAC’s certification system is not, by any means, just for people who plan to make coaching their main career. Many people want to develop their coaching skills simply to be more effective in working with people in a business context. Or perhaps even in a family situation. They are not necessarily coaches by profession or looking to define their careers in that way.
The IAC Coaching Masteries™ are:
1. Establishing and maintaining a relationship of trust
2. Perceiving, affirming and expanding the client’s potential
3. Engaged listening
4. Processing in the present
7. Helping the client set and keep clear intentions
8. Inviting possibility
9. Helping the client create and use supportive systems and structures
For an explanation of the Masteries, there is an e-book which IAC members receive free of charge and non-members can download at a cost of $27.
Disclaimer: as well as being a founding member of IAC, I am currently a member of the Board of Governors.
If you would like to know more about the IAC and the IAC Coaching Masteries™, please feel free to get in touch with me via the Contact page here. Or use the appropriate contact point on the IAC website.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Business Life and Spiritual Journey – Separate or Together? - November 12, 2018
- Navigating This Digital Business Life - November 1, 2018
- What’s Next: With BL Ochman [Podcast] - September 6, 2018