The word is now well and truly out in the blogosphere about the Social Media Club Interim Advisory Board.
I’d had every intention of being quick to post about it, once the covers were lifted off the media release. That was not to be, and a combination of time zone differences and my main computer seizing up (and not recovering) yesterday morning left me playing catchup.
But it’s great to see the initiative actually launched and to have the honour, and it is that indeed, of being part of it.
Although that was not a foregone conclusion. In fact, when eleven days ago I received an invitation from Social Media Club co-founder Chris Heuer to join this process, it was not more than a week after I had declared to myself and anyone who was listening that I was not going to accept, for the foreseeable future, any more invitations to join boards.
But getting the invitation from Chris, a real giver and highly respected, in itself put a dent in my resolution. Then when I looked at the list of others being invited it took me about 10 seconds, max, to decide “well, no more after this one”.
Among the “key organizational and strategic deliverables” we will be addressing are:
- development of membership goals
- acceleration of local chapter development
- increase in adoption of industry standards and
- implementation of a new legal structure to enhance future growth
The timing of this announcement is particularly serendipitious for me, in that tonight we are launching, with generous sponsorship from SJK Consulting, the Social Media Club Brisbane (Queensland, Australia).
For more about Social Media Club and how to meet up with other practitioners and enthusiasts, visit the Social Media Club wiki.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Shan Moorthi - April 17, 2018
- Twitter’s New Scheduling Rules | Instagram Usage Trends | Instagram Insights | & AI : Social Business Bites #176 - March 28, 2018
- Pressing the Reset Button for a New Life Phase - March 14, 2018