Social Media in the enterprise: speaking with Axel Schultze on Des Walsh & Friends
Axel Schultze, CEO of Xeequa and Social Media Academy, was my guest recently on my Des Walsh & Friends show on BlogTalkRadio.
The recorded session can be accessed via the player below or the link at the end of the post.
One of the early advocates, users and experts in the social media space, Axel recently initiated Social Business One, a community focused on how businesses are adopting social computing to engage with customers, improve employee productivity and create a competitive advantage.
As one of the Alpha users of LinkedIn, a beta user of Twitter and one of the first business executives on Facebook, Axel is a highly experienced user of social computing tools and a respected thought leader in the enterprise world.
In our discussion on BlogTalkRadio, Axel shared a number of insights about social media in the enterprise, especially from the perspective of “the way customers do things”, e.g. the way customers buy now, and the whole customer experience.
- Social media – more a mindset than technology
- “Take the ‘media’ out of social media”
- There is a huge disconnect between the way people sell and the way people buy
- Existing sales tools are built around old processes – which does not help the salesperson achieve success – and what can be done about that
You can see Axel’s various locations on the social web at his XeeSM site.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Pressing the Reset Button for a New Life Phase - March 14, 2018
- Using Social Media Organically | Facebook Page Reach Changes | Social Media Terminology :: Social Business Bites #175 - February 14, 2018
- I Didn’t Fully Realise How Restless I Was, Working Solo, Until I Joined a Great Team - February 5, 2018