Promo alert. This post is about the new edition of a book I co-authored. And about gratitude.
With Thanksgiving a few days from now, I’m feeling very grateful about the release, over the weekend just past, of the second edition of LinkedIn for Recruiting, “the roadmap for recruiters using LInkedIn”.
I’m grateful especially to my co-author, recruiting industry legend Bill Vick and to the recruiting industry leaders who shared their experiences and ideas very generously in a ground-breaking series of interviews with Bill, interviews from which the book was drawn and the recordings of which are available to purchasers of the book.
I’m grateful to our publisher Mitchell Levy and everyone involved in the behind the scenes work, on design, editing, proofing and distribution, at Mitchell’s company, Quick2Publish.
Above all, I’m grateful to all those people who have bought the book and in the process have given us the confidence to undertake a complete revision and produce this second edition.
When Bill and I completed the book for its first edition, published in March 2006, although gratitude would have been an appropriate emotion, my recollection is that I mainly felt relieved that it was done. It had not been an easy run.
There had been plenty of very late nights and plenty of revisions, to get the book as close as we could to just right.
I must say I was pretty sure we had done a good job when the pre-launch reviews started to come in. Then when I held a printed copy in my hands I experienced a bit more exhilaration, a feeling which was definitely enhanced when the book started selling.
We are now two and a half years down the track and the first edition has kept on selling, which gives me confidence that in its second edition it will continue to be seen as a valuable tool for recruiters.
Then there is the package of bonuses, still available with this second edition.
- Free $195 job posting on LinkedIn
- Free $200 software program, Content Manager from Broadlook Technologies
- Free one month membership at Hireability.com – a $150 value
- A 20% discount on any eGrabber.com product – potential $100 value
- Password controlled access to the mp3 interviews of those interviewed for the book and
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Shan Moorthi - April 17, 2018
- Twitter’s New Scheduling Rules | Instagram Usage Trends | Instagram Insights | & AI : Social Business Bites #176 - March 28, 2018
- Pressing the Reset Button for a New Life Phase - March 14, 2018