Declaring My Intention
I’ve realised recently that an intention I declared back in June last year has had consequences that have both surprised and delighted me.
It was at a birthday celebration and, in an uncharacteristically short speech, thanking the family for putting on the show and speaking a bit about where I was in my life at that point, I said that I now intended to “press the reset button” for the next stage of my life.
Truth be told, at the time I had no real idea of what pressing that metaphorical button might mean or prompt in any kind of detail.
What I guess I wanted to convey is that I had no intention of slowing down, kicking back. Rather, I was ready for a new phase, a new adventure even, in my life’s journey.
Dream Big, Stay Open to Possibilities
What has occurred over the intervening time has reminded me that:
- A combination of big dreams and being open to possibilities can open paths forward that are aligned with our values and bring with them the promise of more abundant living
- My birthday declaration of my intention set the scene, or you might say prepared me, for two significant developments in my business and life
A realisation of Henry David Thoreau’s promise a hundred and sixty four years ago, in Walden
“…If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours…”
The two significant business+life developments were:
- Having my mind opened to the implications, risks, and possibilities for business that come with the increasingly rapid and ubiquitous development and implementation of artificial intelligence, machine learning, virtual reality, and mixed reality
- Being introduced to an online, affiliate marketing business platform which is 90% automated, comes with an amazingly supportive global team, and has a very impressive commission structure that is providing real financial freedom for many people
For the first, about artificial intelligence (AI) and related topics, I see ways in which I can be of greater service to my coaching clients, supporting them as and when they might need to deal with the implication of this area of technology.
For the second, I’m delighted to have found, after quite a few years of trial and error in the online business world, a 90% automated affiliate marketing platform, with high end, high-converting products (and commensurately generous commissions) and a global team of mutually supportive people. There is truly a beautiful alignment with my business and personal values, and life goals. Not least, it provides the opportunity to achieve true financial freedom, while at the same time helping others to build their own businesses with me and with my support.
Want to Chat?
If any of that is of enough interest that you would like to have a no-obligation conversation about either of these areas – the impact of artificial intelligence on business, or my new online marketing business, just grab a time in my schedule at this link and let’s talk.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- How Social Media Has Changed Me (for the Better) - July 13, 2018
- Leadership and Ethics: Nigel Cumberland [Podcast] - June 13, 2018
- Bringing the Best Out of People: Pepe del Río [Podcast] - May 24, 2018