In this podcast episode I talk about how Business leaders need to be able to fit expectations and demands about social media into a strategic framework that is a good fit with their overall business strategy and I share a link to my Social Media Strategy Checklist.
Or you can subscribe via Stitcher Radio or via email
Whether you are a beginner in using social media for business, or an active or even advanced user, this checklist is for you. You can use it to guide your own thinking and as a basis for a strategy review session with your team.
The checklist is based on my Simple Social Media Strategy Template, which has been used effectively for a range of organizations, from small business through to a very large organization, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). It’s scaleable!
Get Your Copy of the Checklist
To download your free copy of the checklist, just click here to go to the Home Page on this site, drop your name and email address into the box there, confirm that when requested and you will get an email with the link to download the checklist.
There are nine key areas requiring our attention for a comprehensive strategy:
(Each of these is explained in detail on the podcast.)
Tools to help research your market’s activity in social media and learn more about your customers’ and prospects’ concerns
- Create a survey with Google Forms or SurveyMonkey.
- Create lists on Twitter, either with Twitter itself or a dashboard application such as Hootsuite
- Join relevant LinkedIn groups and listen
- For the USA check out the Pew Internet research site and search on social media
- For Australia, study the annual Sensis report on social media – here is the link to the 2016 report
Planning, Scheduling, Analytics and other Social Media Management Tools
(Note: the pricing structures of these services vary – the figures I quoted on the podcast and the figures here are as good as I can work out – open to correction/improvement)
- Hubspot Marketing Platform – US$200 a month (paid annually) with $600 onboarding, up to enterprise level at $2,400 a month and $5,000 onboarding: there is a 30 day free trial
- Buffer – free then $10 a month
- Hootsuite – free then $9.99 a month up to $99.99 a month per user, then custom pricing – check addons
- SproutSocial – $59 per month per user up to $500 per month for 3 users: 30 day free trial on any plan
- Edgar – $49 a month basic (expected to rise soon to around $79: 14 day free trial