I’m currently giving myself a bit of a gee up to schedule a new 30 Day Linking Blitz and it’s looking like that will be starting some time in early August.
What is the 30 Day Linking Blitz?
Briefly, the 30 Day Linking Blitz is a collaborative project, in which each participant commits to take action on his/her LinkedIn presence and activity, over a 30 day period, so as to make more effective use of our LinkedIn memberships.
If you have not participated, or are otherwise not familiar with the concept, here is the background.
- In the latter part of last year I was taking a critical look at my activity on LinkedIn and realised it needed a boost.
- So I decided to set myself the task of taking concerted, consistent action on a daily basis, over a 30 day period, to enhance and amplify my LinkedIn presence and activity.
- I thought it would be good to find some colleagues to do that with me. I hoped I might find about 10 people to do this. Then as that number was quickly reached, I thought, maybe 20?
- As the numbers kept growing, I established the 30Day Linking Blitz Group on LinkedIn Groups. The Group became an invaluable hub for discussion, sharing and a great deal of mutual support.
- As the group grew, it was agreed to close the membership no later than the first day of the 30 day project. By that time there were 245 members of the Group.
What participants said
Lorraine Ball, marketing strategist from Indianapolis wrote:
I have read that the way to build a habit is to do something every day for 30 days. So the structure of this program has been terrific in helping me build a more regular LinkedIn habit which I intend to continue.
Anthony Idle, local video marketing expert from Australia’s Gold Coast, wrote:
Before Des’s 30 Day Linking Blitz, I thought LinkedIn was just an online resume. As a result of this I am fully aware and engaged in creating endless business opportunity that LinkedIn provides. I would highly recommend anyone serious about doing business using social media networking participate in the 30 Day Linking Blitz.
You can read more comments from “Blitz” participants here.
The second 30 Day Linking Blitz
Based on the success of the first 30 Day Linking Blitz, and in response to many requests for a repeat project in 2013, I undertook to organize a new 30 Day Linking Blitz, which started early in February 2013, with over 180 registered participants.
What is involved in terms of commitment?
There is no financial commitment. I should probably mention here that, as I have shared with participants in the first two Blitzes, I am looking at providing a paid version of the project, which would involve more engaged commitment on my part, and some additional resources. But the next Blitz will be, like the first two, free of any financial charge.
But there is real commitment or time, focus and energy involved.
Each participant commits to spending a minimum 20 minutes a day, 6 days a week, over the designated 30 day period, on:
a) some general tasks, including optimizing our Professional Profile on LinkedIn and setting up or expanding a Company Page on the platform
b) specific daily tasks, from a smorgasbord of activities including regular updates, making connections and interacting on LinkedIn Groups.
We also have some well-defined group rules to ensure we can all focus on our project and not be distracted by spammers.
Any member of LinkedIn can join.
The next Blitz and how to be in the loop for information and registration details
The next “blitz” is expected to start in August
or September 2013 (Update July 9: the start date for the next 30 Day Linking Blitz is August 12). For an early alert and information as to how to register to participate, just provide your basic details of name and email address on the form on the project website at this link.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- How Social Media Has Changed Me (for the Better) - July 13, 2018
- Leadership and Ethics: Nigel Cumberland [Podcast] - June 13, 2018
- Bringing the Best Out of People: Pepe del Río [Podcast] - May 24, 2018