XeeSM, which is so new it is not even in public beta yet, is a tool for managing social relationships.
By providing a simple web address (URL) XeeSM gives you a way to provide one link from which people can instantly check out your various online presences, from your website to your LinkedIn, Twitter and other social networking sites.
I’ve set up my XeeSM account (which is free) to display links for: one of my del.icio.us accounts, my LinkedIn profile, Slideshare site, Skype and Twitter addresses and my blog (Website). Although the application may not be widely known, at times like this it is surely a good thing to have a not totally common name: I had no problem scoring my own name for my XeeSM url – http://xeeSM.com/deswalsh (it works also with www prefix).
Some suggestions are provided onsite about potential uses of your XeeSM profile link and how to go about implementing them:
- include in your email signature
- put on your business card (don’t need new cards to accommodate new social networking links)
- include on your LinkedIn profile in the Websites section
- Twitter profile link space (solves the problem of which link to use)
- website/blog (don’t have to keep updating links)
- and so on…
These all make sense. And having just had new business cards printed I took the point particularly about the advantage of putting a XeeSM link on your business card.
Another advantage of the XeeSM url is that it is so short it doesn’t need to be put through a url shortener.
XeeSM is pronounced, we are told on the website, “see sam” and the SM stands for Social Media.
I’m not such an early adopter as not to be a bit wary of new apps. I really don’t get a buzz out of helping someone to break in a new app. But XeeSM has a good pedigree, having been produced by Xeequa Corp., providers of the eponymous social media platform. Axel Schultze, Xeequa Corp. founder and principal, is also the brains behind and heavily involved in delivering the new Social Media Academy.
Check out XeeSM. Grab your name before someone else does. Then share your new url here in the comments, if you wish.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Diversity & Inclusivity Keys to New Leadership: Sunny Stout-Rostron [Podcast] - April 24, 2017
- No Ceiling, Just Sky™ Institute Founder, Donna Karlin [Podcast] - March 23, 2017
- New Facebook Group for Real Conversation and Great Business Relationships - February 16, 2017