Wednesday this week, October 15, is Blog Action Day and the focus this year is on Poverty. I’ve posted elsewhere about this but the subject is worth the risk of a bit of repetition.
Just under an hour ago the word was that some 8,000 blogs have signed up for this event. Actually, I thought it would be more – hopefully the number will grow in the next 48 hours or so.
There are three basic ways proposed for bloggers to participate:
- Publish – a blog post, a podcast, a video on the subject of poverty
- Donate – microloan or donation
- Promote – let others know about the day
Resources, including banners and badges, are provided.
For anyone wanting ideas on what to post about, there is a plethora of information at the Blog Action Day site, both in terms of specific information on the site and other resources to which links are provided. The documentation makes sobering reading. For example:
According to UNICEF, 26,500-30,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death.”
You can keep up with developments by following Blog Action Day on Twitter at http://twitter.com/blogactionday
And if you are participating, don’t forget to register your blog at the Blog Action Day site.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Social Business Bites Newsletter is Back! - March 4, 2019
- Business Life and Spiritual Journey – Separate or Together? - November 12, 2018
- Navigating This Digital Business Life - November 1, 2018