It’s BlogWorld & New Media Expo time again in Las Vegas this coming weekend, September 20-21, with an Executive & Entrepreneur Day on Friday, September 19.
You can see the full conference program on the BlogWorld site.
I’ll be speaking on two panels, one of which I’m moderating.
On the Saturday at 2.45pm I’m on a panel with my friend and colleague, Rich Brooks, President of flyte new media. Other co-panelists are Denise Wakeman of The Blog Squad fame and artist/designer/author and Typepad expert John T. Unger. The topic is How to Plan, Build and Promote a Business Blog for Small Businesses and we are all looking forward to having a dynamic session.
Then on the Sunday, at 4.15 pm, I’m moderator for the session Q & A: Getting Customer Buy-in and Managing Client Relationships. Another way of putting that is, for blogging/social media consultants and coaches looking to help businesses:
- How do you get in the door?
- What do you do when you are there and how do you deal with cultural change issues, potential resistance, even sabotage?
- What do you do to provide the kind of quality service that will ensure the client keeps you engaged?
My colleagues on that panel are Toby Bloomberg of Diva Marketing Blog; Robyn Tippins – Practical Blogging – and one of the moderator team at LinkedIn Bloggers; and Rich Brooks again. We are committed to making this a very interactive session and we want to attract experienced blogging consultants and service providers to share from their experience and wisdom, through to people who are just at the stage of wanting to get some insight into how the sales cycle works when your product or service is about blogging and new media. So if you know a lot, please come and share; and if you are just starting on this path, you will have a fresh perspective to share. And of course everyone on the spectrum of interest in the topic will be very welcome.
And what was that about a last minute discount?
As one of the speakers at BlogWorld Expo, I’ve been given a discount code for my readers.
The code is: DESWV1P
It is valid until September 15. There is a limit to the number of users, so it’s first in, best dressed. Especially as Sept 15 is tomorrow! Well, it is where I am right now, in Australia.
There are a couple of rules:
1. The code above must be entered in exactly as listed as it is case sensitive.
2. It is imperative that you hit “apply” after entering in the code. If you enter your code and cannot see the discount please DO NOT enter any payment information. Simply contact me – via the Contact page on this site – so that I can assist (there’s a caveat there as by late on Sept 15 US time I will be on a plane, without Net access, so the race will be to the swift).
If you are coming to BlogWorld Expo I hope you will take the opportunity to say hello. Even better, come to one of my sessions!
I’ll be checking my Twitter as frequently as I can.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- How Social Media Has Changed Me (for the Better) - July 13, 2018
- Leadership and Ethics: Nigel Cumberland [Podcast] - June 13, 2018
- Bringing the Best Out of People: Pepe del Río [Podcast] - May 24, 2018