One of many excellent bits of advice for coaches that I got from the late Thomas Leonard was, in the context of beginning coaches, to ‘hang out with coaches’.
Following that advice has been very rewarding and thanks to electronic communications I am able to hang out virtually with coaches around the world, especially through one of the organisations kicked off by Thomas, the International Association of Coaches (IAC). As a foundation member of IAC, I have been able to connect for the past three years and more with coaches working in various fields, from life coaching to executive coaching, and to share with and learn from them.
So I was delighted to receive the other day the new look IAC Voice newsletter, with the very stylish new IAC logo. The June issue includes
- Editor Barbra Sundquist’s interview with IAC President Natalie Tucker Miller, IAC-CC, where Natalie gives us some insight into what it’s like heading up the IAC.
- IAC certifying examiners outline the important points to keep in mind when preparing to take the Step 2 IAC Certification exam.
- And in Coaching Moments, Janice Hunter shares what she learned about certification at her kitchen sink.
You don’t have to be a member of IAC to subscribe to the newsletter, but I always recommend to coaches who have a vision bigger than their own backyard that they join – and as membership is complimentary, that’s an easy way to start hanging out with the more than 9,000 members.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Pressing the Reset Button for a New Life Phase - March 14, 2018
- Using Social Media Organically | Facebook Page Reach Changes | Social Media Terminology :: Social Business Bites #175 - February 14, 2018
- I Didn’t Fully Realise How Restless I Was, Working Solo, Until I Joined a Great Team - February 5, 2018