Earlier this year I had the pleasure of being interviewed by my friend and colleague, the dynamic young Australian communications professional Jamie Garantziotis.
As Jamie wrote in his blog post with the interview video Getting the Edge with Des Walsh, “What we planned as a 10-minute chat turned into a half-hour discussion…” in which we covered a range of topics, including:
- The lost tribes of social media
- Social business
- Email vs social media
- Fear, business and the loss of control in the social space
- Social policies and parameters
- Agencies and social media departments
- Language and social media
- Reverse mentoring
- Reputation vs popularity
Just listing the topics like that suggests a rather frenetic race around social media. In fact it was quite a relaxed chat.
The interview and the accompanying notes on Jamie’s blog mention the Get the (Social) Edge program I was about to launch.
That didn’t take off as well as I’d hoped so I am doing some re-designing, towards a more successful re-launch.
I trust those of you who take the time to listen to Jamie’s chat with me will find something of interest, maybe even something useful for you!
The interview is in three parts:
Get the Edge (Part 1)
Get the Edge (Part 2)
Get the Edge (Part 3)
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Social Media Facts for 2018 | Americans Sharing Key Events on Social | Facebook Page Changes :: Social Business Bites #171 - January 14, 2018
- Blockchain transforming social media | Social media policies | Twitter’s new 280 limit impact: Social Business Bites #170 - November 30, 2017
- Conversations of Change: Dr Jennifer Frahm [Podcast] - November 21, 2017