Conversation with Sheila Scarborough, co-Founder of Tourism Currents
Tourism Currents is a membership site which provides a range of information and education, with a focus on social media, for people involved in destination marketing.
Sheila’s co-founder of Tourism Currents is Becky McCray, my good friend from Oklahoma, who was the first guest on my show.
In our wide-ranging conversation, Sheila shared fascinating experiences and insights, including:
- Her 23 year career in the US Navy, on board various ships, and in far flung places such as Japan and the Netherlands
- Why she likes the decisiveness of drag racing
- Her decision, on leaving the Navy, to combine her love of writing and love of travel – and do that as a business
- Starting blogging in 2006 with the BootsnAll Family Travel Guide blog
- Great examples of how people with responsibility for attracting people to unique local destinations can tap into people’s desire for unique experiences
- Her vision for Tourism Currents
I recommend this podcast especially for anyone with an interest in tourism and ways of attracting people to local destinations.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- What I Do as a Coach and Who I Serve - August 14, 2017
- For Small Town Leadership, Gather Your Crowd: Deb Brown [Podcast] - August 10, 2017
- Making a Cover Video for My Facebook Page - August 8, 2017