Bill Vick, my colleague and co-author of LinkedIn for Recruiting and Big Biller is, as his many colleagues in the recruiting industry know, a true early adopter and avid user of technology. So it was no surprise to me when he let me know about his new videoblogging site XtremeRecruiting.tv – “interviews about the collision of recruitment and technology”.
Just going on the interviews Bill has posted so far, the blog promises to be a highly trusted site for getting information and insights of value to anyone in business, not just in the recruiting industry.
For example, the interview with technical and business expert and Internet wizard Dave Taylor provides practical information on how social media can be used for business.
Dave has been involved with the Internet since 1980, has published extensively and is in demand as a speaker and corporate adviser on things technological.
In the interview, Dave shares how he uses various social media tools to enhance his business – and to keep in touch with his friends. He also shares what he doesn’t do, in keeping with his “aggressively pro work-life balance” approach.
- Dave’s AskDaveTaylor.com produces over a million visitors a month
- he talks about how LinkedIn shows your social graph and how, via the six hundred people he is connected to directly, he is only one or two hops away from literally millions more
- he explains how he uses Twitter
- he takes Sundays off
Dave Taylor. Well worth the watching and listening.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Consistency the Key to Effective Leadership: Kris Gale [Podcast] - September 10, 2017
- Acknowledging the International Association of Coaching (IAC) - September 8, 2017
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Coaching - August 29, 2017