Right now, with more than enough commitments to keep me busy, September seems a long time away.
But whatever else I’m doing in the intervening time, or afterwards, I have a definite diary entry to be in Las Vegas for the 2nd BlogWorld & New Media Expo, September 20-21 and the Executive & Entrepreneur conference the day before, September 19.
The first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference, and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. From blogs to podcasts to Internet Radio and TV to social networking. BlogWorld provides a unique opportunity to network and meet face to face with peers and potential business partners that can’t be found at any other event.
Being at the first such event last November, also in Las Vegas, was an amazing experience, for a number of reasons, including:
- meeting blogging friends and colleagues, e.g. my blogging mentor Andy Wibbels (pic, below) face to face for the first time
- not having to explain to anyone, for three whole days and nights, what a blog is
- the incredible buzz of hanging out with 1600 bloggers, podcasters, vloggers
- the expo, talking to the people behind the brands, the entrepreneurs in the blogging and new media space
- great keynotes such as those by Leo LaPorte and Mark Cuban
- keynote and other speakers who actually stayed around to talk to delegates
- terrific learning sessions such as from the legend of web analytics Avinash Kaushik
- being interviewed on video by Simon Chen (my first such extended video interview ever)
- being in Vegas for the first time – an extraordinary experience in its own right
- great parties
- new friendships
- being quick enough to make my way through the throng and get Mark Cuban’s autograph for my basketballing friend Kris (pic, right)
- seeing the mixture of exhaustion and joy on the face of Rick Calvert, The One True Originator and Impresario of BlogWorld & New Media Expo – who saw his vision realized and his determination vindicated (yes Rick, I know it was a team effort, but you had the vision and held the ring, in spite of the skeptics and doubters – I don’t think anyone would begrudge you the championship belt)
The only limitation was not having enough time to take everything in and talk to everyone I wanted to talk to. So I just have to go back this year, don’t I?
As far as I can see, the web site is not yet geared up to take registrations, but if you are interested in being there for BlogWorld & New Media Expo in September, I recommend that, to be in the loop for announcements and developments, you:
- install the RSS link in your feed reader
- come and join the BlogWorld & New Media Expo 08 group on Facebook
See you in Vegas!
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Unofficial LinkedIn FAQ (50) | Facebook Video Marketing Guide | Monetizing Your Blog: Social Business Bites #166 - October 13, 2017
- The State of Digital Transformation | LinkedIn Snapchat-Like Geofilters for Events | 10 Social Media Trends to Prepare for in 2018: Social Business Bites #165 - October 6, 2017
- What’s the Reading Age for Your Blog and Does that Matter? - September 28, 2017